.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Knitting for the Soul

Saturday, October 16, 2004

Knitting Ministry Update

It's been a few weeks since I've posted, but I've been busy knitting nonetheless. I've finished the Grace Cardigan at last and am almost finished the Vittadini turtleneck. That still leaves plenty in the queue though! And of course, I'm still adding to my stash. I just can't seem to knit it up fast enough! :)

Wednesday night was the first night of the new Knitting Ministry at my church. I was a bit nervous about the whole thing, but I felt very strongly led to do it, so I figured that it was the right thing to do and as a result, things would turn out as they should.

Well, we started with 6 VERY enthusiastic ladies, and 4 more who are committed, but had prior engagements on opening night. I ended up having to teach all but one, but that wasn't nearly as overwhelming as I feared it would be. Everyone was in a wonderful mood and there were plenty of laughs to go around.

I think everyone will be furiously trying to get the hang of things in time to knit at least a few scarves for Christmas. Then, they all seem to be looking forward to joining me in some charitable knitting projects as well. Preemie caps and chemo caps seem to be the most popular. I've already connected with a wonderful woman who spearheads a much much larger charitable knitting project in this area, so I'll be working with her to identify specific needs and making things happen. Wish us luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home