.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Knitting for the Soul

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Dragonflies

There are days that I enjoy knitting alone... Then there are days when it's just more fun to do it with a buddy. Today was one of those days. I look forward to knitting nights with my friend Nim. We meet every 2 weeks or so at Starbucks. She orders tea, I order coffee, and then we both pull out all of the neat stuff we've brought to show each other. After that, things get serious. That's when we chat and knit like crazy!

Tonight I got to show off my new dragonfly stitch markers. I'm using them on the sleeves for the Grace cardigan. I was getting confused trying to remember which direction I was going when trying to knit both sleeves on the needles at the same time, so I picked up another neat trick at my last knit night at my LYS. I pinned the sleeves together with a plastic stitch marker. Now, even though I'm working from 2 balls, I treat each row as one continuous row across both sleeves and it suddenly very easy.

Here's a picture of the markers in progress. There's a picture of the entire sweater on a previous post.





And a close-up of my dragonflies.



1 Comments:

  • what a pretty stitch marker! do you have a webpage that shows the different types of markers that you make?
    Also, I like your blog and I will add it to my list!

    Sandra in NC
    http://sann.typepad.com/knit_with_me/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home