.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Knitting for the Soul

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Finishing Touches

Today was a great day. I finished the work I needed to do for the day at 10:00 and instead of going home and finding more work to do, I decided that this was going to be a mental health day. Of course, this meant going to my favority LYS to sit and knit.

I took a couple of projects, one of which just needed the dreaded finishing that I've been putting of for weeks. Not only did I get the cable shell finished, but I learned a beautiful finishing technique in the process. Here's a photo...

cable shell


I made some progress on the cable/lace shell also. I can't seem to bring myself to spend a lot of time on the linen summer poncho. I know it's going to look great when I finish it, but I'm just not "feeling it" right now. I'm about a third of the way done, so I've convinced myself that I'll have it done in time for cooler weather in the fall.

While at LYS, I met a new knitting buddy... It didn't take long for us to discover that we both have an adopted child, we are both expectant godmothers, and that we are both interested in starting knitting ministries at our respective churches. We took a short break for lunch, and then returned for an afternoon of knitting. Now that's the life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home