.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Knitting for the Soul

Monday, June 07, 2004

Welcome

I've tried journaling before, but never had much luck with it. Perhaps I was intimidated because I didn't believe I had anything profound to say. Or maybe I was afraid that someone would find my journal and read my most private thoughts. And many times, I just didn't *feel* like writing.

But this time it's different. I'm on an incredible journey and although my insights may not be profound, they are significant (at least to me) and I want to record them in some way... and since I type much faster than I write, this seems like the perfect way to do that.

At 45, I've finally found a passion in life, in a most unexpected format - knitting. It's become so much more than a pastime or a hobby. It's become a way of life. For me, knitting is relaxation, release from stress, meditation, prayer, functionality, creativity, philanthropy, gift-giving, and just plain fun! Through a variety of colors, textures and patterns, I create things that please my eyes, soothe my skin, and massage my ego - all at the same time.

It's about creating a vision and making it happen... it's about understanding that giving a gift can be as great a joy as receiving one... it's about practicing the principles of simble abundance... it's about realizing the awesom mystery of creating a piece of wearable art from a single piece of string.

I knit from my heart... I knit for my soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home