.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Knitting for the Soul

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Summertime... and the knitting is easy

My teenaged daughter left today to spend the summer with relatives. Don't get me wrong, I love her dearly, but the last few months have been *challenging*, to say the least. I think we both need a break for a while, so I'm thankful that she has the opportunity to spend the summer away - and I'm sure she is too. I hope she'll have a lot of fun.

That said, I've got more than enough to keep me busy while she's away. It's time to start whittling away at my ever-growing stash. After all, I need to make room for some new yarn, right? Today I start on my summer poncho, another origional from my favorite LYS. Well, maybe it's not quite an "original". I was in the shop chatting with some ladies there when a woman came in wearing a gorgeous mauve-colored poncho (a la Sex in the City). She wore it with blue jeans, a white tee and some very sexy-looking high-heeled slides. She looked fabulous!

She had purchased it from a trendy shop in the city and was wondering if someone could help her figure out how to make another one for herself. Of course, we all jumped at the chance to take a closer look, after asking her to take it off! :) After trying 3 different yarns, 3 different stitches, and at least 3 different needle sizes, I've finally got the look I'd hoped for and plan to start knitting as soon as I finish blogging.

I'm using Maggi's Linen in a beautiful deep mustard color. It should be a quick knit. Since I intend to do nothing else today except knit, I should get quite a bit done.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home