.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Knitting for the Soul

Friday, November 12, 2004

Miracles

I went back to the surgeon yesterday for the much-anticipated biopsy results. They came back benign! Thank God. I expected that if the tumors weren't cancer, they'd be fibroids. NOT. According to my surgeon, they appear to be scar tissue. Considering that I've never had any breast trauma or surgery before last week, I can't figure out, and my dr can't explain, how I ended up with scar tissue in both breasts! If I had scar tissue BEFORE surgery, watching what happens after surgery should prove interesting.

Two of the many wonderful friends that have been praying mightily for me since this ordeal started are convinced that this is a miracle. The more I think about it, the more I tend to agree.

Often we think of "miracles" as these huge, larger-than-life, mystical and perhaps even magical occurrences. I've just started reading A Course in Miracles, but already I agree with it's central thesis that miracles occur around us all the time. They are they ultimate act of love and are designed to bring us closer to God and each other. The key is being aware of and receptive to accepting the lessons of love that they represent.

Here are a few thoughts on "miracles" from the book:

"Miracles occur naturally as expressions of love. The real miracle is the love that inspires them. In this sense everything that comes from love is a miracle."

"Prayer is the medium of miracles. It is a means of communication of the created with the Creator. Through prayer love is received, and through miracles love is expressed."

And finally...

"Miracles reawaken the awareness that the spirit, not the body, is the alter of truth. This is the recognition that leads to the healing power of the miracle."

That said, I recognize that this experience has brought me closer to God and to my family and friends. I have seen their love and concern in ways, and to depths, that I did not recognize before. I know without question that I am loved. The many expressions of thoughtfulness - cards, gifts, flowers and lots of great food - were all welcome, but in the end, what meant the most was the heartfelt thoughts and prayers that I received from so many people. And that, I believe is what changed the outcome and created another miracle in my life.

2 Comments:

  • Glad to hear the good news!

    Miracles happen every day.

    Glad that God chose to smile on you in this way.

    By Blogger Kimberly, at 8:30 PM  

  • So glad your results came back benign.

    Your quotes on Miracles are wonderful. I think I need to pick up that book - sounds thought provoking.

    By Blogger Melissa, at 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home