.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Knitting for the Soul

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Down to the wire

After 2 difficult weeks of waiting, tomorrow's the day for surgery. I alternate between a calm sense that everything's going to be just fine and an overwhelming anxiety that I'm going to be diagnosed with breast cancer. I think it's cruel and unusual punishment that women have to wait so long for the answers that could change their lives in irreversible ways. As frightening as a diagnosis would be, at least I'd be able to spring into action. I'd know what I need to do and could focus my energy on beginning the healing process. But alas, I've got at least a week or 2 to go after surgery before I know what this struggle is really all about.

So, in the meantime, I've organized my stash, prioritized my projects, and am planning to settle in for at least a week-long knitting marathon while I wait for the results. If anything can calm me down and take my mind off the wait, it's knitting.

Of course it could change at any time, but here's the plan:

1. Debby Bliss baby blue cardigan for my brand new 6-week old nephew who's being adopted and will be home in about 2 weeks (made with Cotton Classic).

2. Finish the brilliant fall colors of the Vittadini mock turtleneck with Magico (the back is already done - it's a very quick knit if I can remember to count my rows. The yarn is so textured that it's almost impossible to count rows after they're knit).

3. Start on Noro ribbon-neck cardigan with Manos and Nature Wool.

4. And then of course there's Blaze, which will probably have to wait for a little while. Since I don't know how to cable without a cable needle, I'll probably have to wait until I heal a bit before I can tackle that one again.

So today I'm off to run errands, get things straightened up, and the relax (yeah - right!) for the rest of the day. Then, like Scarlett O'Hara in Gone With The Wind, I'll remind myself that tomorrow is another day! :)

1 Comments:

  • Patricia, I am praying that all goes well with your surgery.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home