.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Knitting for the Soul

Friday, July 01, 2005

Summertime... and the knitting is easy!

It's been a long time, I know. I've missed knitting and blogging about knitting, but I'm back. It's been a long, difficult winter/spring, but I can truly say that it's going to be alright. I'm back, stronger, more focused, and more faithful than ever. God is moving in my life and blessing me in more ways than I can count!

I won't bore you with all the tear-jerker details of what's been going on in my life, but I can give you some updates on the good stuff. The book is back from the editor/proofreader with only minor comments. I asked a professional whose opinion I admire tremendously to read it, and she ended up writing a review that's going to be on the back cover! I've selected a printer and a name for my publishing company. Other than my standing 9AM Sat morning knit-in with my friend tomorrow at Starbuck's tomorrow, I'm dedicating most of the long weekend to getting this book finalized and ready to go to print. I feel like I'm in the last stages of a long delivery and I'm ready to PUSH!!! Stay tuned for more details... I can't wait to post an announcement that it's ready for prime-time. You'll read it here first!

I took about 2 months off from knitting to rest my arm from a wicked case of tendonitis. I thought it was from all the work I do on my PC. Since I couldn't stop working, I begrudgingly gave up knitting for a while and lo and behold - my arm got better! That's a bummer. I'd rather it be from the computer. Isn't that sick? Well,
I've finally learned how to pace myself and as long as I don't try any marathon knitting sessions, the old arm seems to be holding it's own. Of course know my back is driving me nuts, but I know this is all my body's response to all the stress I've been under lately. This too shall pass.

So now, my knitting buddy Nim and I have started another knit-along (okay, so it's just the 2 of us). We just finished black Rumba sweaters that are awesome and have just started on the Cable 8 that in the Spring 2005 issue of Interweave Knits.




The pattern is so simple and on #11's, it'll work up in a flash. WARNING: Should you decide to try this one at home, please be advised that there was a significant error in the cable pattern. After knitting and frogging several rows several times, I searched the internet and kept finding pictures at other blogs of completed sweaters but with no mention of the pattern error. I thought I was losing my mind! Finally I thought to search at google for "Cable 8 errata" and there it was! Now that I've got that straightened out, I'm good to go!

The thing I love most about this sweater is the yarn I'm using... It's 100% organic cotton, grown in Peru. It's called Pakucho. The yarn comes in 6 or 8 colors, ranging from off-white to olive green to the color I'm using, which is called "Chocolate". The cotton grows naturally in these colors (no dyes!) and is hand picked and sorted by color. There's an article on the yarn in the Spring 2005 issue of Interweave Knits (same issue as the Cable 8 pattern). You can also learn more here. I got this wonderful yarn at an unbelievable price from my new favorite online yarn shop, elann.com. See Pakucho.




1 Comments:

  • Glad to see that you're back and that you are doing well.

    Thanks for the info on Pakucho.

    By Blogger Kimberly, at 1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home