.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Knitting for the Soul

Thursday, February 17, 2005

It's been a while...

It's been a long time since I've checked in. It's been a very weird couple of weeks, but I'm feeling a bit better and am anxious to get plugged in again. It's amazing how therapeautic blogging has become.

Although I've been slack, I have managed to get some knitting done lately. First, I'm finished the front of my Nubby Slubby Cardigan. I bought this yarn at the Charlottesville Wool & Fiber festival in the fall and fell in love with it. My knitting buddy Nim bought the same yarn in a different colorway and we've finally started knitting our cardigans. It's sort of a knit-a-long, but instead of using the net, we're using our local Starbucks. There's nothing like knitting with a dear friend over a great cup of chai tea latte!

The sweater is done on #13's, with a bulky-weight yarn, so it knits up incredibly fast. I'll probably be finished before the weekend is over.







Next there's Blaze. I'm sure the knit-a-long is long past gone, but I'm still plugging away. This is my first attempt at knitting in the round. It seemed that things were going very slowly until I realized that the process is sort of like knitting both sleeves at the same time. It may take longer to get it done, but when it's done, that's it... there's no other half or sleeve to knit. Yeah!




And last but certainly not least, there's my Transitions Scarf. This one is a shop pattern from my LYS, Lettuce Knit, made with Transitions by Noro. This yummy yarn is a mix of wool, silk, cashmere, alpaca, angora, camel and kid mohair. It not only changes colors, but it changes textures as well. Very cool! My DH surprised me with this one for Valentine's Day after I told him a few weeks ago about this great scarf I'd seen at the LYS.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home