.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Knitting for the Soul

Friday, January 21, 2005

Is Depression Contagious?

I think the blahs that have been winding their way through several knitting blogs lately have settled in at my house. For the past several days, I just haven't felt like doing much of anything. It's even a struggle to pick up my knitting, which is a sure sign that things are looking grim. Fortunately, we've had a bit of snow here. It doesn't take much to shut the entire metro area down, so I've been given the gift of another long weekend. Normally I'd use this time to get caught up on stuff around the house, but I just don't feel like doing anything.
Then, of course, I end up feeling worse for *wasting* time.

Perhaps this feeling is a signal that something's going on inside that needs my attention. Or maybe, I'm just long overdue for some downtime. Either way, I think I'm going to take advantage of the peace and quiet in the house today and curl up on the sofa and do NOTHING for a while!



1 Comments:

  • Hi,
    I hope you're starting to feel better after some down time. I'm amazed how much better I'm feeling this winter since I've been taking time out to knit and read my Bible more...they must be connected somehow.

    I read your 100 Things about me list. We seem to have a lot in common. Maybe I could just "cut and Paste" part of your list when I do my own! Just kidding. I also found your link to "Knitters for Bush". Thank you for that too. I read your posts there as well.

    I was thinking about the fact you are an African-American Republican. I am a white woman from the suburbs, but I have always wanted to find a way to encourage African-Americans to consider the Republican Party. I worked in Detroit during the Bush/Gore campaign. That was tricky. I'm sure I could have lost a lot of friends (black and white)because I was very open about my choice for president. However, I did my best to talk about why I was Republican, so people would have a better understanding what it really means. I don't know if I "converted" anyone, but a prominent African-American Minister from Detroit publically supported Bush this year. Rev. Keith Butler even said the prayer at the Republican Convention.

    I used to be a Children's librarian and I stocked up on books about Clarence Thomas, J.C. Watts, Colin Powell, and Condoleeza Rice for the kid's Black History Month reports because I think the kids should know that not all African-Americans think a like. I think Condi Rice is an incredible role model for all of us and the way they treat her is the most unbelievable shame.

    I'm sorry I didn't really stick to the subject of your blog...but for me, my passions for the Lord, family, music (I'm a cellist), politics, and knitting are all "knitted" together in my heart! Have a cozy day filled with His presence!

    By Blogger Susan, at 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home