.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Knitting for the Soul

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Back on track

It's been several days since I've knit or blogged. I've been going like gangbusters and I didn't even realize how much so until I crashed this afternoon. I just hit the virtual brick wall. I decided to crash on my sofa and watch General Hospital for an hour. (okay... a rare guilty pleasure). Although I had lots that I needed to do, for work and around the house, I figured out that what I really needed was a fix. So I pulled out my Lea sweater - yes, the remix after my off-gauge disaster from last week, and knit a few rows. I've got about 2 inches done and I'm on-gauge now. I continued knitting from the ball I already had wound. I haven't had the heart to frog the other back yet, but that's next.

I didn't knit for long, but it's amazing how healing that time was. After a few rows, I was able to go back into my office, send out monthly statements and collection letters, aka "Nasty-grams" (one of the things I hate most about being self-employed), made a few revisions to my website, and exceeded my weekly quota for addressing postcards for my new direct mail campaign! Now I'm off to fix dinner and start reorganizing my kitchen cabinets! Who needs drugs for a rush when they can knit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home