.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Knitting for the Soul

Monday, December 27, 2004

A knitting Christmas

It's been a knitting Christmas in my house this year. I didn't realize that I'd gotten as far as I have on my sweater. I've only got about an inch more to go on the back. The front should go a lot faster now that I know what I'm doing and now that I've converted the tricky little chart in the pattern book to a full-blown 120-row/42-column pattern in Excel! It's so much easier for me to recreate the entire pattern, then use a highligher to cross off the rows as I knit them. It's also where I put my notes on where I started the armholes, and other really important stuff.





And just in case you wanted a closer look...





2 Comments:

  • I was touched by your words on your friend that passed away. I'm so glad you enjoyed my little bad date story...I promise to post the worst blind date EVER before the weekend as I've had a few emails thinking they've got me beat. :)

    Also can't wait to finish Christmas presents so I can knit for myself....wickedly decadent did you say, LOVE IT!

    By Blogger Christine, at 1:40 PM  

  • Hi there. I received the Jamieson book and yarn to make the Lea Cropped Top from my husband for Christmas. I LOVE the pattern. I had about 8" of the back done when I decided to google and see if anyone else was making it. I found your blog, but I also found the dreaded Errata page from Unicorn Press! I had started the first size, expecting a 40" sweater. I was right on gauge, but never bothered to measure across my work. I measured in a panic, and yup, I'm right on gauge. My sweater measures 18" across, not 20". It would never fit! So I pulled out the needle and hooked the end of the yarn up to my ball winder. In less than a minute I'm back to nothin' but a ball of yarn. I wanted to pass along my tale of woe before you got much farther, in case you hadn't found that page :-(

    Barbara

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home