.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Knitting for the Soul

Friday, December 17, 2004

What's up with me...

Here's a *slightly" better picture of my Christmas present to my friends. I think I waited too late in the day to take it because my flash is showing, but oh well.





I was up at 5:30 this morning (insomnia). So I decided to put up my little tree. I gave up on the big ones years ago. It was just too much of a hassle for me, especially since no one seems to want to help. But after visiting my girlfriend's house Wed night and seeing how beautiful and Christmasy it was, I decided to give in and do a little something. My compromise was to get a tabletop tree. I found this one, already decorated and lit, AND 50% off. You can't beat that.

So, I have it in a corner in my office and it's merrier around here already!






I've been suffering from a variation of NKSD (Non-Knitting Stress Disorder) the past few days. I'm knitting, but it's feeling a lot more like work. I'm making a scarf for my DH which is turning into a nightmare. It's a multidirectional scarf, mostly black with some taupe and creme. But because of the color changes in the pattern (based very loosely on an African mudcloth print we found online), I knew that he wouldn't be happy (and neither would I) with the underside of the scarf showing where I carried the colors. SO.....

I thought about taking some fabric and making a lining, but didn't think that would look too cool either, so now I'm actually making a SECOND scarf - solid black - which I'll sew onto the other one to form the underside. Well, with two-scarves in one, at least he'll be warm! I'm also making a scarf for my little 2-year-old cousin too, but I'm not having much fun with that one either. I guess it's just too plain. I think I just don't like knitting for men (of any age). Maybe it's that old curse of the boyfriend sweater thing. It's true, you know.

Anyway, I just got back from Blockbuster. I got 2 movies that I'm going to watch back to back tonight. I'm determined to have a knit-a-thon until I can get these scarves finished and then I can get back to all of the wonderful WIPs for ME! Yes, I'm very selfish when it comes to my knitting.

Yesterday, I decided to completely re-do my home office. It needed some feng shui action in here because the energy was AWFUL! Anyway, part of the task involved reorganizing my stash. I discovered that I have yarn/patterns for 12 sweaters, 2 ponchos and a shawl. Wow! I knew I had it bad, but I didn't realize how bad. The good news is that I've listed the rest of the yarn that I didn't absolutely love on ebay and I'm so ready to get back to knitting the yarn that I have. I'm really pleased with it. Besides... I have to make room for more in the spring!

But first, I have to finish my multidirectional scarf which is absolutely awesome. I'll post that one soon. I want to wait until it's done before I show it off.

Okay... I've procrastinated long enough... fade to black (scarves that is!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home