.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Knitting for the Soul

Friday, January 07, 2005

I wish...

Today has not been a great day. Lots of challenges on the home front, and I discovered after I complete the entire back of my Cropped Lea sweater that although it started on gauge, it certainly didn't end up that way. I think it's too far off to block back to size. I think it would fit, but it would fit the way I'd like, so I'm going to be ripping this weekend and starting over. Anyway, I'd planned to work on my book tonight, but I can't in the mood I"m in, so I decided to do some blog surfing and I ended up at my favorite web blog, Prudent Purl. I'm always sure to find something fun and/or thought-provoking there. Tonight it was an "I Wish" list.

I think the idea behind this is that sometimes we get so caught up in our day-to-day dramas, that we forget to dream. Dreams are our roadmap to the future that our hearts desire, and without that map, how can we ever hope to reach our destination? So with my hearts desires in mind, here's my list of 25 wishes:

1. I wish I knew in my 20's and 30's what I know now and had saved myself a lot of heartache.
2. I wish I lived in Florida near the water.
3. I wish I had a bigger and more elegantly decorated home.
4. I wish I had more money and fewer bills.
5. I wish I had a baby grand piano and could play by ear.
6. I wish I could take a 2-week vacation to some wonderfully exotic place at least twice each year.
7. I wish I owned a yarn shop and that I could resist the temptation to knit up all the inventory.
8. I wish I could write a best-selling book.
9. I wish I was a better wife and mother.
10. I wish I could spend more time knitting.
11. I wish I felt closer to my family.
12. I wish my daughter who was born prematurely 22 years ago had lived.
13. I wish my husband and I had a more active social life.
14. I wish I hadn't married the wrong person (more than once).
15. I wish I was more healty and fit.
16. I wish I slept better at night.
17. I wish I could eat out in nice restaurants almost every night.
18. I wish I had a giant walk-in closet filled with simple, but elegant clothes, shoes and accessories.
19. I wish I went somewhere to wear those clothes.
20. I wish I could tithe more faithfully.
21. I wish I could start and fund a charitable foundation.
22. I wish I could undo some of the mistakes I've made.
23. I wish I had a better relationship with my daughter.
24. I wish there was more time to do all the things I want to do.
25. I wish I could consistently be true to my Authentic Self.

One interesting (and hopeful) thing I've learned from this exercise is that I'm actively pursuing 8 out of the 25 wishes on my list. I guess that's a start, right?

1 Comments:

  • I was comparing this wish list with the list in The Best Year Yet, about your goals for this coming year, and it just seemed to me that the goals list was a lot more thoughtful, and realistic and just seemed more like you. I bet that the eight things on your wish list that you are working on probably can be found on your goals list!
    I enjoy following your progress on your knitting projects-and I think you are doing well on your life, too!!
    Shelley
    MyMountainHome.blogspot.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home