.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Knitting for the Soul

Thursday, July 28, 2005

I'm still waiting...

My book should be back from the printer any day now. I know it'll be here soon, but I still run to the Post Office every day to see if it's arrived. Hopefully it'll be here by Saturday. Once I'm sure that the cover images printed correctly, it should be ready to hit the presses!

In the meantime, I 'm making more time for my knitting. With a business of my own and a new part-time job in the evenings, it's been tough finding time to do HALF the things I want/need to do! But, if something has to go, it's not going to be the knitting!

Last Christmas, my husband's niece announced to the family that she was engaged. In fact, her fiance re-created the proposal for the benefit of the family since we weren't there to see it. It was hilarious! I am so happy for them. I decided that day that I wanted to make them a Colinette Ab Fab afghan. I knew that the bride would love it, but I allowed my husband to talk me out of making it. He said it was too expensive and not practical for young newlyweds. The wedding is next weekend, and for the past several days, the Lord has really been placing it on my heart to knit that afghan for them. I know it's late and I probably won't get it finished in time, and I know that I really didn't have the extra money to shell out. I don't think I've ever paid that much for a wedding gift (not even including the time it'll take to knit it). Knowing that my husband and I are divorcing, it's really important to me to give her a gift from my heart. I know they have a traditional bridal registry, and they've picked out some great items, but I just don't want to be another place setting or a kitchen appliance that gets lost among all the other gifts. I want to give them a family heirloom, something tangible to let them know how very much I love them, and maybe most importantly, I want to pray special blessings for their marriage into the afghan as I knit it for them.

I'll be sure to post a picture before I deliver it. Now all I have to do is make sure that I don't keep it for myself! (just kidding) :)



2 Comments:

  • Oh, that hurts, hearing about you two breaking up. I hope he realizes what he's losing!! May God bless you and help you through this difficult transition.

    I agree with you, about making an heirloom afghan for a wedding present. That will mean so much more to them than buying something at a store.

    Congrats about your book! That's a big accomplishment!

    By Blogger Kate, at 2:14 PM  

  • Looking forward to seeing pictures of the afghan.

    Hoping your book arrives soon!

    By Blogger Kimberly, at 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home